23 May 2021

Gary Numan likes Ladytron

Today I listened to BBC 6 Music Radio (by the way, great radio) and they had a special edition dedicated to Gary Numan with songs and live interview. He released his new album Intruder on 21 May. Just before the show ended, the host played Destroy Everything You Touch and asked Gary if he sees any Numan influence in that song:

Interviewer: [...] it reckons that Ladytron probably catch the Numanoid vibe pretty well, down to the sense of menace underlying the synths mastery. Try listening to Destroy Everything You Touch this way.

[interrupting the song]

Interviewer: Talking about fish and water, I mean... can you see any Numan influences in there?

Gary Numan: Again... I like Ladytron, but I don't. 'Cause I don't know what I suppose to sound like.

You can listen to the whole show here.